Now that I am done with my travels this year I can look back and think of all of the amazing experiences I’ve had! I feel incredibly lucky for having seen such fantastic places and I can’t wait to see what 2017 will bring. But in the meantime…these are my 2016 highlights:
- Dancing to salsa music one night in the streets of San Juan in Puerto Rico with my mum and her friends. I can’t believe that was my first time in her country!
2. Watching the sunrise in Luquillo beach, Puerto Rico. This proves jet lag can be good sometimes.
3. Going on a boat trip in Bergen. I will never forget the beauty of the nature in Norway!
4. Taking a ferry to go to Suomelinna Fortress in Helsinki and feeling the fresh air of spring in Finland.
5. Exploring the rock caves in the Algarve coast. Portugal is just stunning.
6. Seeing the colours of Poznan’s main square for the first time. I was speechless!
7. Visiting the “Plaza de España” in Seville. I spent hours there admiring the view.
8. Going to the Republic of Uzupis in Vilnius, Lithuania. Its constitution is the best one I have read so far. Some examples:
- Everyone has the right to die, but this is not an obligation.
- Everyone has the right not to be loved, but not necessarily.
- Everyone has the right to love and take care of the cat.
- Everyone has the right to look after the dog until one of them dies.
- A dog has the right to be a dog.
- Everyone has the right to be in doubt, but this is not an obligation.
- Everyone has the right to celebrate or not celebrate their birthday.
- Everyone has the right to cry.
9. Going on a Bavarian tour and seeing Neuschwanstein.
10. Taking a three hour and a half minibus in Sibiu where I felt packed as a sardine to get to Brasov and then see Dracula’s castle in Romania. I still don’t know how I made it there but it was so worth it.
Any recommendations for 2017? I’d love to hear your suggestions!